Heroes Guild Online

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supporting Gamers & Intellectual Hobbyists Throughout Maryland

Chapter I: The Fall of Jacob the Mad

Chris
    Chris
    Administrator

The Waste Character
    Name: Rūk
    Race: Minotaur
    Class: Warden

Chapter I:  The Fall of Jacob the Mad Empty Chapter I: The Fall of Jacob the Mad

Post by Chris 2010-01-16, 19:47

Five years ago, the greatest war of the age washed over the continent. The witches of the Alabaster Spire declared openly for the Stranger and the nations of Tyrgia fell upon them.

Jacob the Mad, King of Caryth, had fallen into the grip of powerful Friends of the Dark, and the priests of the other gods were put to death.

The skies cracked open. Rain and hail fell for days. Tear, most pious of nations, seeing the wrath of Caemlyn on the horizon, raised a coalition of nations against Caryth.

The war was short, but bloody. The armies of the Coalition rolled over Caryth and two years after the war began, the Alabaster Spire was besieged.

After six months of siege, a Knight of Marus raised an irregular unit of remnant soldiers and stormed the Spire.

Against all odds, the company made a mad dash for the throne room, just in time to find a pair of angels cutting the throat of Jacob the Mad.

This ragtag band became the first in the known history of the world to successfully invade the Spire, and prophecies, nearly as ancient as the Spire itself, bespoke of such heroes as being instrumental in the last turning of ages, the cycle's end.
    Chris
    Chris
    Administrator

The Waste Character
    Name: Rūk
    Race: Minotaur
    Class: Warden

Chapter I:  The Fall of Jacob the Mad Empty Re: Chapter I: The Fall of Jacob the Mad

Post by Chris 2010-02-27, 15:34

The campaign's first session included players (I'll refer to them by initials from this point on): RB, JC, CG, RN, & EZ.

RB, EZ, and I have gamed together since high school (EZ is responsible for intrucing me to RPGs in the 7th grade).

JC (known to the Guild as the inimical James) joined us two years ago, providing our stagnant gaming group with a much needed infusion of personality and new ideas.

CG and RN joined us as a pair for this campaign. We'd gamed together through some organized play events, but didn't really know each other.

Our first session went well, but there were some personality issues between the regulars (myself included) and new guys early on.

I was nervous about this first session, especially running for some new players, but I got into my groove about an hour in.

I've always had problems running campaigns where I had the endgame in sight. Usually, when I know what's coming, I want to hurry up and get there. My hope was that the presence of the new players would pressure me to stay focused and pace myself, in order to tell a better story.

Current date/time is 2024-04-19, 01:12