Heroes Guild Online

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supporting Gamers & Intellectual Hobbyists Throughout Maryland

+5
seaniusmaximus
biota
Elvorix
dhlevine
cstevenross
9 posters

The Hunt for Mekhet - Monday 11/15, 8PM - FULL

cstevenross
    cstevenross
    Founding Member
    Founding Member

The Waste Character
    Name: Swift Ravager
    Race: Halfling
    Class: Barbarian

The Hunt for Mekhet - Monday 11/15, 8PM - FULL Empty The Hunt for Mekhet - Monday 11/15, 8PM - FULL

Post by cstevenross 2010-11-01, 11:26

Swift Ravager is set out with his bone scimitars to hunt down Mekhet in the desert wastes and spill his blood upon its greedy floor! I've just started back up in this whole gig, so I have a 1st Level Barbarian ready to tear out the throats of those before him with his bare hands.

Let's do this during the week of November 15th (Monday) through November 20th (Saturday). I can do after 6:30pm on any of the weekdays listed or any time on the Saturday.

I like this task from my character's overlords:

https://heroesguildonline.rpg-board.net/the-ministry-of-order-f236/mekhet-dead-or-alive-t457.htm

Templar Sabek has asked to see you. He steeples his fingers on the obsidian top of his desk.

"A short time ago, a squad of our Templars were assigned to receive a defector from the Veiled Alliance with knowledge of their terrorist activities. Unfortunately, they were beset by terrorists and several were killed. We need that defector, one Mekhet, and his knowledge of Alliance activities, to protect the city. Bring me his information and either the man himself or his head, and you will be richly rewarded. 250 gold bits should do nicely?"

"Mekhet had last taken refuge in the ruins of a small town on the edge of the Great Alluvial Sand Wastes. See one of my men if you need more details."

[Successfully completing this quest will change your faction rating: Templar (Tyr) +1, Veiled Alliance -1]
    dhlevine
    dhlevine
    Administrator

The Waste Character
    Name: Jarrol
    Race: Goliath (Half-Giant)
    Class: Ardent

The Hunt for Mekhet - Monday 11/15, 8PM - FULL Empty Re: The Hunt for Mekhet - Monday 11/15, 8PM - FULL

Post by dhlevine 2010-11-01, 12:28

My week is currently open to DM - post-8PM, pretty much any evening except probably Friday.
    Elvorix
    Elvorix
    Founding Member
    Founding Member

The Waste Character
    Name: Slag
    Race: Dwarf
    Class: Warden

The Hunt for Mekhet - Monday 11/15, 8PM - FULL Empty Re: The Hunt for Mekhet - Monday 11/15, 8PM - FULL

Post by Elvorix 2010-11-01, 12:54

I'm available for DM or play Monday, Tuesday and Thursday that week. I could probably also do Saturday.
    biota
    biota
    Level 4 Poster

The Waste Character
    Name: Bikikcha
    Race: Thri-Kreen
    Class: Druid

Post by biota 2010-11-04, 14:35

Been wanting to make a game, I need to add this forum to my RSS feed or something. Anyway, I'm free Mon, Wed, or Fri that week, so if this runs one of those nights count me in.
    dhlevine
    dhlevine
    Administrator

The Waste Character

Post by dhlevine 2010-11-04, 19:31

It'd be great to have you, Biota! Quorum is usually 4 for these games, so if Elvorix is +1, we're good to go.

Thursday 11/18 would be the best day for me, of what's been proposed.
    cstevenross
    cstevenross
    Founding Member
    Founding Member

The Waste Character

Post by cstevenross 2010-11-05, 08:49

Looks like Monday is the best day for everyone. So let it be written, so let it be done!
    seaniusmaximus
    seaniusmaximus
    Level 5 Poster

The Waste Character
    Name: Emere-kai
    Race: Genasi
    Class: Swordmage

Post by seaniusmaximus 2010-11-05, 10:45

I could do Monday the 15th. Plus Ka'zack is also Lvl1. Two bloodthirsty strikers? Sounds like fun.

If Quorum wants to jump in, I'm willing to sidestep to make table space for him. But otherwise, count me in.
    dhlevine
    dhlevine
    Administrator

The Waste Character

Post by dhlevine 2010-11-05, 11:08

OK, Monday the 15th is it. Looks like we've got Cstevenross, Biota, Elvorix, and Seaniusmaximus. Plus ZeroTheFool? 1-2 slots left; I'm going to update the thread title for anyone browsing.

Sean, you were kidding about Quorum, right?
    seaniusmaximus
    seaniusmaximus
    Level 5 Poster

The Waste Character

Post by seaniusmaximus 2010-11-05, 11:11

hahahaha... I'm gonna be honest. I was NOT kidding, I'm just dumb. I skimmed this and didn't quite read that sentence and apparently associated Quorum with some new board member's handle, rather than the actual meaning of the word. Excuse my apparent illiteracy.

I'm still in for the game, though!
    Elvorix
    Elvorix
    Founding Member
    Founding Member

The Waste Character

Post by Elvorix 2010-11-05, 12:52

Go ahead and count ZTF in for this game.

Do we have a confirmed location for this game yet?

This involves Mekhet so you've got DMing covered, Daniel?
    dhlevine
    dhlevine
    Administrator

The Waste Character

Post by dhlevine 2010-11-05, 12:54

Yep. I'll DM. And I'm happy to host. Anyone who doesn't know where my place (with my new GIGANTIC, MALE INADEQUACY COMPENSATING DINING ROOM TABLE) is, PM me.
    Elvorix
    Elvorix
    Founding Member
    Founding Member

The Waste Character

Post by Elvorix 2010-11-05, 12:57

Sounds good.
    Adam Dray
    Adam Dray
    Founding Member
    Founding Member

The Waste Character
    Name: Redcap
    Race: Kenku
    Class: Sorcerer

Post by Adam Dray 2010-11-05, 18:49

He is talking about HIS PENIS.
    Elvorix
    Elvorix
    Founding Member
    Founding Member

The Waste Character

Post by Elvorix 2010-11-05, 19:58

So I lied, ZTF will be unable to make that game. My apologies.
    Gryphon
    Gryphon
    Level 3 Poster

The Waste Character
    Name: Trinma
    Race: Elf
    Class: Ranger

Post by Gryphon 2010-11-06, 09:39

If you have a slot still available, I think I would be interested. Any pre-reqs for this game (know a specific rule set or have a character created, etc.) If you are ok with a random stranger showing up at your place, I am willing to make the haul. Please let me know if you still have room. Thanks!

-Gryphon
    Elvorix
    Elvorix
    Founding Member
    Founding Member

The Waste Character

Post by Elvorix 2010-11-06, 10:28

We still have 2 slots lefts and we love it when strangers come to our games, so please do join us. Smile

The Wastes is a D&D 4th edition game but if you've never played it before thats fine. You will need a character that follows the guidelines placed in the Creating a Character thread. If you don't feel comfortable creating your own character I would be happy to assist you and I'm sure Daniel would be too.
    dhlevine
    dhlevine
    Administrator

The Waste Character

Post by dhlevine 2010-11-06, 15:58

Gryphon, welcome!

As Elvorix said, yes, new folks are more than welcome.

If you don't want to or don't know how to make a character, just let me know basically what kind of character you want and I'll whip something up for you.

P.S. to Elvorix: Last night you sounded like you wanted to DM, so I'm happy to bring Jarrol or Olufemi to this (I probably deserve to risk my skin a bit, anyway). Then Lath-El can be your little corner of The Waste, if you like.

P.P.S. to everyone else - since this is a Templar gig, I'll probably bring Olufemi, my Seeker. Unless we really need a healer - Jarrol can always use the cash.
    Elvorix
    Elvorix
    Founding Member
    Founding Member

The Waste Character

Post by Elvorix 2010-11-08, 13:57

Whether or not I DM doesn't really matter to me. I thought you sounded like you wanted to play so I offered to DM. Since I had to make a new character I'm also more than happy to go for a test drive with him. I actually have no real ideas about what Mekhet would be up to but if you want me to DM I'm sure I can put some things together before next week.
    dhlevine
    dhlevine
    Administrator

The Waste Character

Post by dhlevine 2010-11-08, 14:00

OK, I can DM then. Can you bring your pipe cleaners? And can someone bring a healer? By my count, we've currently got Warden Mk. II, a barbarian, a controller/off-tank, a ranger/shaman (so some healing), and whatever Gryphon brings. I promise to watch my math this time, but I will have no remorse if you buy it b/c you only have half a leader in the party. Smile
    seaniusmaximus
    seaniusmaximus
    Level 5 Poster

The Waste Character

Post by seaniusmaximus 2010-11-08, 16:19

I'm also tinkering with a Templar-aligned bard character. So if nobody else wants to bring a healer, I can put my shaman/ranger on the back burner and come in as the leader role.
    dhlevine
    dhlevine
    Administrator

The Waste Character

Post by dhlevine 2010-11-08, 16:30

A bard, eh? ::hunts for Bone Shard Strangler mini::
    Elvorix
    Elvorix
    Founding Member
    Founding Member

The Waste Character

Post by Elvorix 2010-11-08, 17:22

Bards are awesome. I promise to do my best to keep your bard from being strangled to death if you bring a leader. Smile
    seaniusmaximus
    seaniusmaximus
    Level 5 Poster

The Waste Character

Post by seaniusmaximus 2010-11-08, 17:24

hows aboot this? I'll bring both characters. We'll decide on the spot which one is the most needed, depending on party makeup. SOLVED!
    dhlevine
    dhlevine
    Administrator

The Waste Character

Post by dhlevine 2010-11-08, 17:26

Great idea! Wait, which one has the more supple neck again?

Also, Gryphon, if you're watching, let us know what you plan to bring/what kind of pre-gen you need!
    biota
    biota
    Level 4 Poster

The Waste Character

Post by biota 2010-11-09, 02:31

I created a thri-kreen swarm druid, presumably the controller/off-tank by dhlevevine's count. I'm not sure how much of an off tank he'll be with a little bit of DR and a middling AC, but I've really been wanting to try a druid and the swarm theme with desert scarabs, beetles or locusts making up the swarm fits nicely with the world. I'll bring a back-up leader type just in case.
    Elvorix
    Elvorix
    Founding Member
    Founding Member

The Waste Character

Post by Elvorix 2010-11-09, 10:25

Don't worry too much about needing an off tank. I'm usually tank enough for everyone. Smile
    dhlevine
    dhlevine
    Administrator

The Waste Character

Post by dhlevine 2010-11-09, 10:27

Swarm Druids can actually be pretty fantastic off-tanks, b/c damage reduction is nothing to sneeze at and they have lots of powers that reduce damage even more. I was really just trying to paint the most optimistic picture of the roles the group had covered, though.

And don't worry, Bards and Elvorix always shoot to the top of my Kill this Guy list.
    Gryphon
    Gryphon
    Level 3 Poster

The Waste Character
    Name: Trinma
    Race: Elf
    Class: Ranger

Post by Gryphon 2010-11-09, 10:35

I am indeed still watching, went dark yesterday for a computer upgrade, sorry. Anyway, I am happy to fill in any gaps we have in the party. If we are well covered I may go melee just so I can ease myself into 4th edition, but I typically adapt pretty quickly to anything. I could use a basic list of recommended books for this game though. I don't think I have the manuals on hand that I will need to make a character for this scenario. If I can pick them up tonight or tomorrow I will probably be able to plow through them and create a basic character. If not I may need a bit of help on that front.

-Gryphon
    Elvorix
    Elvorix
    Founding Member
    Founding Member

The Waste Character

Post by Elvorix 2010-11-09, 12:05

Basic books for character creation are the Player's Handbooks 1-3. You can however just download the free Character Builder demo of the WotC website and play around with that until you make something you like. As for roles, leaders are always a welcome addition if we already have a lot of damage dealers but I think we've got everything covered right now so bring whatever you like.
    dhlevine
    dhlevine
    Administrator

The Waste Character

Post by dhlevine 2010-11-09, 12:25

Gryphon, Elvorix is right - *don't* buy the PHBs. In the long run, your best bet is to subscribe to D&D Insider, but that won't be updating with some crucial stuff until 11/16 (if they're on schedule). For now your best bet is to make something in the demo Character Builder or work with one of us to put something together. Please also just note the character creation guidelines under the Rules sub-forum (e.g., no Divine characters are allowed, as the deities of Athas are long dead).
    Adam Dray
    Adam Dray
    Founding Member
    Founding Member

The Waste Character
    Name: Redcap
    Race: Kenku
    Class: Sorcerer

Post by Adam Dray 2010-11-10, 11:54

Note that the free character builder might not be free much longer. They've rebuilt it to be a web application, and you'll need a DDI subscription to access it. I do not know if there will be free access to levels 1-3 for the new version.

The good news is that it will run on any platform that has Silverlight installed, such as a Mac. =)
    Fuchsia 'tude
    Fuchsia 'tude
    Level 3 Poster

Post by Fuchsia 'tude 2010-11-10, 13:11

Adam Dray wrote:Note that the free character builder might not be free much longer. They've rebuilt it to be a web application, and you'll need a DDI subscription to access it. I do not know if there will be free access to levels 1-3 for the new version.

The good news is that it will run on any platform that has Silverlight installed, such as a Mac. =)
    I'd be surprised if they didn't offer some stripped-down free version. I'm glad they went with Silverlight over Flash though, it's such a nicer app.
    biota
    biota
    Level 4 Poster

The Waste Character

Post by biota 2010-11-11, 17:24

Fuchsia 'tude wrote:
    Adam Dray wrote:Note that the free character builder might not be free much longer. They've rebuilt it to be a web application, and you'll need a DDI subscription to access it. I do not know if there will be free access to levels 1-3 for the new version.

I'd be surprised if they didn't offer some stripped-down free version. I'm glad they went with Silverlight over Flash though, it's such a nicer app.

It won't work on Linux though, not that the old character builder worked on Linux either mind you.
    dhlevine
    dhlevine
    Administrator

The Waste Character

Post by dhlevine 2010-11-14, 14:04

OK, by my count, this group is now FULL, as Matt S. (forget his user name now!) will be coming:

Cstevenross - Barbarian
    Seaniusmaximus - Bard(?)
    Biota - Druid
    Elvorix - Warden
    Gryphon - Fighter(?)
    Matt - ???

Let me know if you a) are dropping out or b) need directions to my place.

Also, while the fate of the character builder is certainly relevant, let's move the discussion of that out of PF&S, please.
    cstevenross
    cstevenross
    Founding Member
    Founding Member

The Waste Character

Post by cstevenross 2010-11-15, 10:59

hey hey!

Yeah I actually do need the exact address. Sorry for waiting so last minute for that one!

I'm planning on bringing my assortment of pipe cleaners, but are there any specific minis anyone would like to see?
    dhlevine
    dhlevine
    Administrator

The Waste Character

Post by dhlevine 2010-11-15, 11:05

I'll PM you the address. I've got a bucket of minis now, plus my tokens, but pipe cleaners and more minis are always welcome.
    Elvorix
    Elvorix
    Founding Member
    Founding Member

The Waste Character

Post by Elvorix 2010-11-16, 16:35

After getting our asses handed to us last night (but miraculously surviving) everyone except the Ranger can have an amazing 2g 1s from the loot we got off the lizard people.
    cstevenross
    cstevenross
    Founding Member
    Founding Member

The Waste Character

Post by cstevenross 2010-11-16, 16:38

Sweet! Swift will hold his compsure enough so as not to chew on the coins.

By the way, it was a little unclear as to how much gold everyone lost due to survival days/rations/water/etc. after Sean's bard cast his ritual.
    dhlevine
    dhlevine
    Administrator

The Waste Character

Post by dhlevine 2010-11-16, 16:40

Everyone lost 5gp, plus their share of Quinn's ritual costs.

Sorry for the TPK - you survived b/c the Ssurrans weren't bastards. They just didn't trust you with your weapons... a concern that, I might add, was borne out. But who knows how your slaughter of half their tribe will affect what's going on in the ruined town? And I wonder what ever became of Mekhet?
    Bohrdumb
    Bohrdumb
    Level 5 Poster

Post by Bohrdumb 2010-11-16, 16:45

I would support Slag and a continued exploration of the area, so long as the little one keeps his mouth closed and his weapons stowed safely.
    cstevenross
    cstevenross
    Founding Member
    Founding Member

The Waste Character

Post by cstevenross 2010-11-16, 17:06

I will do niether, good sir. And let me say to you, "May your axes chip and shatter."
    biota
    biota
    Level 4 Poster

The Waste Character

Post by biota 2010-11-16, 17:15

Bikikcha's personal diary, such as it is, includes a new note to be wary of bloodthirsty halflings. He has also decided that in such a clutch it was a mistake to study diplomacy instead of healing. (My last three rounds included two missed attacks and two failed DC 10 heal checks when I was +4 on the roll).

ooc: I'm pretty sure everyone who wasn't stabilized, which was everyone but the druid who ran away with 3 hp (me), should have continued to make death saves until I could come back to try my unlucky healing hand. The end of combat doesn't auto-stabilize you to the best of my knowledge. That said I appreciate the merciful GMs act of clemency.

Bikikcha cocks his head slightly and chitters, "where to next?"
    Elvorix
    Elvorix
    Founding Member
    Founding Member

The Waste Character

Post by Elvorix 2010-11-16, 17:20

Anyone can pick another (or the same) quest to go on or region to explore and start up a new thread. Smile
    seaniusmaximus
    seaniusmaximus
    Level 5 Poster

The Waste Character

Post by seaniusmaximus 2010-11-16, 18:30

FYI - The cost of the ritual was 10gp + 5gp for a focus. Matt(Bohrdumb)'s character offered to front the money, but I don't know how fair that is. Split amonst the 6 of us, that equals 7.5 GP from each character. (5 from travel losses, 2.5 for the ritual).
    biota
    biota
    Level 4 Poster

The Waste Character

Post by biota 2010-11-16, 18:37

I'm happy to pay my part and if anyone is out of cash Bik will not let his clutch go without proper water. Fleshy soft-mouths such as yourself sure seem to need a lot of water and supplies.
    Elvorix
    Elvorix
    Founding Member
    Founding Member

The Waste Character

Post by Elvorix 2010-11-16, 18:39

Hey if Matt volunteered to front the money then nothing is unfair. If he decides that we should all split it I have no problem with that either.
    Bohrdumb
    Bohrdumb
    Level 5 Poster

Post by Bohrdumb 2010-11-16, 19:07

Rowdin is fine covering the cost, it stopped the short one from blathering on. He has more important things to do then stand in the sands.
    seaniusmaximus
    seaniusmaximus
    Level 5 Poster

The Waste Character

Post by seaniusmaximus 2010-11-16, 19:09

Alright. Than 5gp and 20gp for rowdin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-03-28, 06:10