Heroes Guild Online

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supporting Gamers & Intellectual Hobbyists Throughout Maryland

Looking for a game in the BWI area

Sam
    Sam
    Level 1 Poster

Looking for a game in the BWI area Empty Looking for a game in the BWI area

Post by Sam 2012-03-01, 21:14

Hey, folks, I'm trying once again after a lengthy hiatus to get some regular "indie" gaming in. I should say at the outset that I'm not remotely interested in any permutation of D&D, but I am very interested in games like Apocalypse World, Remember Tomorrow, Monsterhearts and so on. I'm not a complete crunchy-granola indie player (I like my guns 'n' guts action too much), but I lean far more into "story games" territory than I do toward more traditional systems and play-styles. That said, it's hard for me to say no to any Warhammer 40,000 roleplay (Deathwatch, Rogue Trader, Dark Heresy, Black Crusade).

I'm about 20 minutes outside of Glen Burnie, so I thought it might be worthwhile to try and organize some sort of game or games around Games and Stuff's Thursday night (5-9pm) open-roleplaying slot, either weekly or bi-weekly. The timing isn't perfect, but it's completely doable on my end, given the logistics of getting there and my schedule.

Fair warning: with the exception of a handful of games at the recent Dreamation, I haven't roleplayed at the tabletop in a really long time. I'm definitely not in a position to run a game at this point, but if that's an absolute must I will see what I can do. I'm a reasonably creative fellow and easy to get along with at the gaming table, so even if we had to do something like one-on-one games of Beast Hunters until we could build up a rapport — and a regular group, natch — I'm up for that.

Current date/time is 2024-03-29, 00:38