Heroes Guild Online

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supporting Gamers & Intellectual Hobbyists Throughout Maryland

5 posters

Just in from California

Dina
    Dina
    Level 3 Poster

Just in from California Empty Just in from California

Post by Dina 2010-06-11, 19:24

I went to sleep in San Jose, CA and woke up in Sparks, MD! I have been an RPG player for about 30 years now. Most of it has been D&D but I have also played Vampire, Shadowrun, Seven Seas, Rifts, Champions, GURPS and a bevy of other games I can no longer remember the names of. I've been playing 4E since it came out and of course was playing 3.5 before that. I moved a few of those 3.5 (and 4E) books across the country and even know where they are! Considering our stuff only arrived on June 6th, I think that's pretty good. Or it shows where my priorities are?

In addition to pen and paper RPGs, I enjoy online gaming such as World of Warcraft, etc. My other hobbies include: reading voraciously, cooking (is it a hobby when you have to do it to survive?), making jewelry and annoying my husband.

I had been with my last gaming group for close to 10 years, so you know I am looking for a new group to hang with. I will check out the game events as soon as I am able to but would welcome any other opportunities for an insular game.
    I hope to meet you soon,
    Dina
    seaniusmaximus
    seaniusmaximus
    Level 5 Poster

The Waste Character
    Name: Emere-kai
    Race: Genasi
    Class: Swordmage

Just in from California Empty Re: Just in from California

Post by seaniusmaximus 2010-06-13, 19:06

Welcome to Baltimore, Dina!

I would highly suggest you check out the Eastern Expanse games. It's a sandbox style, open to all game. You can drop in and play as much or as little as you want. It's currently pretty light on regulars, so we could use a fresh face. The added benefit is you'll meet a good number of us during different nights and many of us will start up separate regular weekly or bi-weekly games, so it's a good way to put your feelers out.
    j-smuv
    j-smuv
    Administrator

The Waste Character
    Name: Ordesso Badatu
    Race: Minotaur
    Class: Fighter

Post by j-smuv 2010-06-14, 17:35

Welcome to the Guild and to the East Coast!

About 95 percent of the people who come to our Forums, Meetup and Facebook page are looking for a regular game. Finding people who want to game is easy. Finding people you want to game with can be a little trickier. Be as picky as you need to be to get the right group. We have a lot of good people here, so it shouldn't be too hard.

Also, I agree with Sean. All of our events, and particularly Eastern Expanse, are great resources for meeting other gamers. You never know, you may find your next home game through someone who plays EE.
    Dina
    Dina
    Level 3 Poster

Post by Dina 2010-06-15, 12:57

You are so right about finding the *right* group of people, J! I definitely want to come to an Eastern Expanse session, is that what is being played Tuesday the 22nd?
    seaniusmaximus
    seaniusmaximus
    Level 5 Poster

The Waste Character

Post by seaniusmaximus 2010-06-15, 13:09

Indeed it is. We are making a second attempt at a labyrinth that we couldn't quite tackle all of last time. There's still spots left for it, I believe.
    Dina
    Dina
    Level 3 Poster

Post by Dina 2010-06-15, 14:31

Then I will plan on attending. As I understand things, I need to create a 1st level 4E character according to RPGA rules (I do use the character generator on DDI), is that correct? Also, where is this game being held? Smile
    seaniusmaximus
    seaniusmaximus
    Level 5 Poster

The Waste Character

Post by seaniusmaximus 2010-06-15, 14:36

That is correct. So long as your character is legal via the character builder, than it's EE ready (by my understanding, any GMs feel free to correct me)

Dan is hosting the game at his house. I'm not sure he'd be too keen on me posting his address on a public forum, so, if you PM him (username : dhlevine) he'll hook you up.

You also should post in the actual section for that game, which is here :
    https://heroesguildonline.rpg-board.net/party-formation-scheduling-f10/deeper-into-the-labyrinth-of-xan-tsegoth-t361.htm
    Dina
    Dina
    Level 3 Poster

Post by Dina 2010-06-15, 15:01

Thanks Sean, I have PMed Mr. Levine and posted on that thread. Now I just need to figure out what race and class I want to play: too many options for a Libra! Wink
    Adam Dray
    Adam Dray
    Founding Member
    Founding Member

The Waste Character
    Name: Redcap
    Race: Kenku
    Class: Sorcerer

Post by Adam Dray 2010-06-16, 12:19

Hi, Dina!

We'll probably end up gaming together sooner or later, so I thought I'd say hello. I work in Sparks (off Ridgebrook Rd) but live in Owings Mills. If you want to do lunch some day, let me know. I know all the good haunts. Bryant, who also posts hereabouts, works in Hunt Valley and lives in Cockeysville. Maybe we could all get together.

There's a so-so comics and game store in a plaza off York Road in Cockeysville, too. Lemme know if you want the details.

Adam
    Dina
    Dina
    Level 3 Poster

Post by Dina 2010-06-16, 12:48

Hi Adam! If you're referring to Alternate Worlds, I have found it; I had to get my "Chew" fix, so you can see I have my priorities in order. Just in from California Icon_rolleyes

Do you know what company Bryant works for? Lunch sometime sounds fun. In any case, I should be seeing you next Tuesday, assuming you are playing EE?
    Adam Dray
    Adam Dray
    Founding Member
    Founding Member

The Waste Character

Post by Adam Dray 2010-06-18, 12:56

You'll have to ask Bryant where he works. <=) I know but I don't feel I should give out that info.

I'm probably not playing EE because of the job situation. We'll see. Maybe.
    Dina
    Dina
    Level 3 Poster

Post by Dina 2010-06-18, 14:57

I hope things work out for you, Adam!
    qstor
    qstor
    Level 2 Poster

Post by qstor 2010-06-21, 13:57

Dina wrote:I hope things work out for you, Adam!

FYI There's regular 4e games on Thursdays in Glen Burnie too. organized by the regional RPGA rep Peter.

Mike
    Dina
    Dina
    Level 3 Poster

Post by Dina 2010-06-21, 15:53

Thanks Qstor. Smile
    Adam Dray
    Adam Dray
    Founding Member
    Founding Member

The Waste Character

Post by Adam Dray 2010-08-06, 11:11

I am trying to start a regular 4E game set in a kick-ass original setting. Hop over to the Games Seeking Players forum and read the Caldera post.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-04-26, 19:33