Heroes Guild Online

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supporting Gamers & Intellectual Hobbyists Throughout Maryland

3 posters

Charles Village, Baltimore -- Game system still up for debate

ib
    ib
    Level 2 Poster

The Waste Character
    Name: Mhult
    Race: Human
    Class: Warlock

Charles Village, Baltimore -- Game system still up for debate Empty Charles Village, Baltimore -- Game system still up for debate

Post by ib 2011-08-18, 14:31

Hello,

My name is Ishai, and I'd like to get a regular game started. First, let me provide the important basic details:

=-=-=-=-=

Type of location: Home.

Schedule: Weekly or bi-weekly, many possibilities for days and times; currently, Saturday night or Sunday during the day are possible, but some weekdays and weeknights are possible, too.

Group size: Small (ideally, 3-5 players).

Average party level: Starting at the beginning (1st level or equivalent).

Environmental concerns for game space: Cat, GF with a full-time job, NON-smoking (please ask if you have any other environmental requirements/issues).

Average group age: Mid to Older (host is 30 y/o as of this post).

=-=-=-=-=

Now, about me. My very first basis for role-playing games was in basic 2E D&D, which I played as a kid, and AD&D 2E, which I played later and more extensively. Originally, I just played for the pleasure of dungeon delving, but I quickly grew to enjoy the more unique and/or socially-motivated game worlds and general world-exploration in AD&D 2E. Recently, I played in a 4E campaign, as well as a couple of Call of Cthulhu one-shots, but life and work have interfered. Now I'm settled in Baltimore and free to game again.

So, what do I want? And what am I offering here? Well, I want a regular game (see general details above), but I'm open to negotiations regarding gaming system. Me, I'm willing to DM a bit, but partly since I think my DMing still needs some work, I would generally prefer to run some printed modules -- in one of several systems, but mostly in AD&D 2E. In general, I'd really like to get a chance to be a player. What I'm offering here, then, is mostly a place to game, specifically a house in Charles Village, Baltimore, and time to do it.

So, if you're a player who'd like to try some AD&D 2E modules run by me, or if you can run a few adventures or a campaign pretty well in whatever system, or if you have a game you've been meaning to try (please note: you might have to be the DM/GM in this case, and you'll have to be open to rejection in the case that the game doesn't appeal to the other possible players), then PM me or reply here, and we'll figure out what we can do.

I'll be sure to post more details here if and when I get a DM or two offering to run some particular game systems, or if I get enough players who want me to do it.

I hope to start gaming soon.

-- Ishai
    Bohrdumb
    Bohrdumb
    Level 5 Poster

Charles Village, Baltimore -- Game system still up for debate Empty Re: Charles Village, Baltimore -- Game system still up for debate

Post by Bohrdumb 2011-08-26, 10:40

I am willing to DM, but looking for 4E. I've not DM'ed a lot, but I would love to get the chance to!
    -29 yo non-smoker
    ib
    ib
    Level 2 Poster

The Waste Character

Charles Village, Baltimore -- Game system still up for debate Empty Re: Charles Village, Baltimore -- Game system still up for debate

Post by ib 2011-08-26, 11:23

Thanks for the reply! Just a note: 4E is perfectly fine, if that's what the group wants to play. Personally, I like 4E very much for all the unique differences it has when compared with other editions of D&D, not to mention other FRP games in general. It's just that, with 4E, I really prefer to be a player, not a DM.

Anyway, since you're offering to DM yourself, maybe it'll be worthwhile to mention (advertise?) here what kind of stuff you'd like to run -- you know, to draw in more possible responses. Even just basic details would help: What level would the adventure start at? What gameworld (if any) will the adventure take place in? Etc. So, would you like to take another reply and say, generally, what you've got in mind?

As for logistics, please PM me with your general geographical location in/around Baltimore. For instance: Do you live in the city? How close are you to Charles Village? What is your availability like? Etc.

Thanks again, and I hope we can start gaming soon!

-- Ishai
    Logiwonk
    Logiwonk
    Level 1 Poster

Post by Logiwonk 2011-09-05, 15:53

I live in Hampden and would be up for a regular game - love 4E and have some limited experience with DMing, but would not like to be the main DM (perhaps a relief-DM).
    ib
    ib
    Level 2 Poster

The Waste Character

Post by ib 2011-09-05, 16:40

Well okay, it looks like we might be putting together a real 4E thing here! As I said, I don't mind if we do 4E. It's just that when it comes to 4E, I prefer the player experience.

Anyway, since we've got some kind of group possibly starting up, how's about we come out and say what kind of thing we'd like to try to do -- just to start, that is? Are we doing one-shots? Are we checking out some published modules? I'm personally curious to try one of those. Bohrdumb, have you got something of your own invention more or less cooked up and ready to run?

Feel free to PM your personal questions to me, but if you've got suggestions or recommendations, why not post them on here? Let's try to get another one or two players.

-- Ishai
    Logiwonk
    Logiwonk
    Level 1 Poster

Post by Logiwonk 2011-09-06, 09:17

Personally I'd prefer if we could eventually do a running campaign - I'd really like to be in a situation in which we can write up cool backstories that end up giving the DM jumping off points for adventures. Obviously there is going to be a major episodic tendancy in any campagin, just like a TV series, but metaplot with a rotating emphasis on one character one week, another next week would be really great. One-shots would probably be a great way to start, however, make sure we're all up to speed on rules and get use to playing with one another.

I've got large fragments of a homebrew campaign sitting around and I could roll that into some one shots that I could run.

Also, I'm currently getting my sister and brother-in-law trained up on 4E runs with a slow-burning campaing I've been running for them, so we might be able to enlist one or more of them to join up at some point.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-04-27, 00:56